Thursday, December 22, 2016

Nativity Scene

So a friend of mine had seen some of my work and requested I create a nativity scene for some figurines she had which were to be a gift for  a family member of hers that actually collects nativity scenes. I was flattered with the offer and got it under way that very day. Here is the figurines set I had to work from (Scottish Design) and some basics for the build.
The first step was to create the basic structure of the actual stable...I used broken branches for the logs
Next, I used spray foam to create the hillside the stable would be built into and began to cover that in actual soil, rock and moss.
This is a trial fitting i did of the figurines to be sure I was heading in the right direction....looks good to me.

Finally i painted the landscape, added in more soil and rock, glued in the greenery, built and stained a frame and felted the base. That looks fairly darn good, if I don't say so myself.
My friend was very happy with the piece and I hope it has a place of honor among the colection that is now resides with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment